We recently moved house and of course logically we used our own Removal company. I owned a Guest house for 11 years and I beleived that to understand the qualitly of our facility and service we were offering, it was important to try out the rooms first hand. I always found something else that could be improved in the rooms that would make happier customers.
Well on move day I beleived we were more that ready to go, but realized that actually I needed at least another 4 boxes to pack up the last minute odds and ends- this included the bathroom bins, the toilet paper, the cleaning stuff such as rags and polish, the outside mat and much much more that just kept turning up and needing a box. Thankfully our truck and team arrived early and got on with the actual job of moving. Some of the goods were going to storage and Alpheus, one of our experienced workers, carefully wrapped my special furniture in cushion craft and labled and numbered each item. Thank heavens I did not have to worry about the bigger issues of moving – that was happening like clockwork. I was having my own little haffy about getting the dust and dirt removed where there was once a frdige or a washing machine and finding the extension plug (which had been packed away in a box) for the vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust that had gathered under our bed (and I thought we lived a clean lifeteyle). Moving really does show up the places we seem to miss when we clean house each week doesnt it- and worse than that the new owners and all and sundry get to see this- OMG!!. Here I was on all fours with a brush and pan trying to get rid of the evidence of poor housekeeping.
Before I knew it the entire truck was packed and ready to roll and I was still trying to finish off the job of handing over a spotless clean house. What amazed me was how relaxed and confident our staff were and ready to banter as they worked. No stress from them and no problems at all with the move from start to finish.
So what did I learn from my personal moving experience.
- Our staff are very quick – there is no time to think about anything – its all just happening
- Their experience with moving left me feeling confident to just leave it to them to get on with the job
- You can never have enough boxes
- Plan plan and prepare well before your move.
- I probably should have made use of our packing service- I was really tired after the move
- A good cleaning company at the collection address would have been such a bonus
- Come to think of it a good cleaning company at the delivery address would have been fantastic too.
- We used plastic boxes to pack our goods- what a brilliant way to keep your goods clean, protected and safe from damage.
- If you are moving anytime soon why not look us up- I beleive our staff know what they are doing